Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday...

Ah well... so much for posting every day in November. Now I could try it again in May or June... when there is less going on. But the truth is the end of November is a very busy time for the ASC theatre deparment!

In part because I'm building this....
(I tried to find the website I found this photo on to give it proper credit but I couldn't find it... sorry!)


Okay, so maybe I'm only building the bottom 1/5 of it (from the drumsticks down). But math is involved (figuring both measurements, dimensions and yardage)... no one told me that math would be required for this job. It most certainly was not on the job description! So, I'm back at the shop this afternoon working on the turkey for a few more hours with the hope of having it done for them to try it out tomorrow.



And yes, Jamie, I did get up and work out on Thursday morning. And besides my abs, it was a lot easier than Tuesday morning... I then got up and worked out this morning (late) and took two steps backwards (again thinking I was going to throw up). I now know that I have to get up early and work out before our living room heats up for the day. It was just much too warm. But I've now done it three days this week! And that's my goal. Next semester I hope to up it to four days a week... baby steps!

6 comments:

JayD said...

You should have served an apprenticeship with Nick. He is a whiz at cold air inflatable things.

JayD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

so you're really making the feet/lower legs of a Macy's parade balloon?!?! You mentioned that but I didn't know if it was for real...

Alice said...

When do we get to see YOUR turkey??

JayD said...

I talked to Nick this morning and he agreed that it seems your are tackling a pretty tough subject and he definitely wants to see photos. His comment was 'so she just bought fabric and started sewing?' I told him I wasn't sure. Did you think about making a one fifth size model first? Then you could take it back apart and size up everything? The engineer wants to know :-)

Anonymous said...

Engineers! (sense the eye roll) I becamse an attorney so I did not have do math!

Good for you, 3 days this week. Working out at home can be hard because of the furnace factor, but now you know. Keep it up. I know you have alot going on in the sewing shop so just don't over do it.