Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo

Apparently my mother and sister are participating in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). And so I thought, I started the month out well with three post in one day so why not join them?

My back is a little better today. The massage helped. The heating pad is helping. And most important spending most of my time laying down is helping. I just have to get it healed enough to go back to school tomorrow. Missing a day of teaching would throw all of my lesson plans in to a bit of disarray.

For anyone who might be back visiting my blog after bloggy give-away, or for those who may have found me through NaBloPoMo, welcome! Here are a few things about me:
1. I am in my second year as a professor of theatre at a small liberal arts college in Colorado.

2. I teach acting, speech, and costume design. I also manage the costume shop. In other words, I do a little bit of everything (except lighting and sound, of which I know nothing).

3. I'm directing my first main stage at Adams this spring, Bright Ideas by Eric Coble. It is very funny and should be a good introduction of my directing to our theatre.

4. I love my family, though they unfortunately all live very far away. My folks and my in-laws are in Indiana. My sister, brother-in-law and niece are in southern California.

5. I have been married to a wonderful man for a little over six years. He is a constant support to me and willingly moved across the country not once but twice to allow me to pursue my dreams.

6. He is starting his own blacksmithing business this fall (in fact he's out cutting holes in the front and back of our garage to add vents for the chimney as I write).

7. We do not have children yet, though they are certainly in our plans. We have three pets, a dog and two cats, who we spoil something awful!

8. We bought our first house this past March, a 1903 farmhouse, for which we have lots of plans and work to do. My hope for next summer is to paint the outside, our fence and to start a productive garden in our back yard!

9. I like all sorts of things and have all sorts of hobbies, many of which would be considered "old fashioned." I bake. I sew. I am getting interested in canning and preserving of food.

10. I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, in part for health and in part for ethical reasons. I don't exercise nearly as much as I should though after this reason incident with my back (see below) it is becoming ever apparent that I need to do something to build my strength!

11. I write about whatever strikes me. Most of my posts are to keep my family and friends abreast of what I am doing since we live so far apart from one another. I would like to start adding post about my work and studies in theatre, which hopefully won't bore my regular readers too much.

And with that... I'm off to go put heat on my back again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your back feels better soon! I know you are miserable.
Here is a Pumpkin Dip for your next party.

PUMPKIN DIP

4 c. powdered sugar
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 can (30 oz.) pumpkin pie filling
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger

Combine sugar and softened cream cheese until well blended. Beat in remaining ingredients. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator. Use with gingersnaps or molasses cookies.

Anonymous said...

I put my name Debbie Cavitt for the above,

JayD said...

This "regular reader" promises NOT to be bored!

Anonymous said...

Hee! You have a niece! That sounds funny!