Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday After Thanksgiving

Is it just me, or does everyone feel like today should be Sunday? And yet the weekend has only just begun! Hooray!

Thanksgiving was a lovely day here. It started snowing about noon and snowed off and on all day long (ending with about four inches of snow here, most of which sadly has melted off). Actually, it started snowing while Reid and I were in Alco where we bought a Christmas tree and some presents for two children in our community through the education club at school.

We came home, cooked and ate... then put up the Christmas tree. Then we watched the third Harry Potter movie (we're re-watching the first four and tomorrow evening is the fifth which we just got through Netflix and which we have not yet seen). And then we decorated the Christmas tree. I'll post pictures at some point but it is definitely the largest tree Reid and I have ever had together (about seven feet tall). Luckily our living room has nine foot ceilings so it doesn't look too big... Really it is just about the perfect size. And as always I love to stare at it.

Today I left the house at 9:30 and spent all day at the costume shop. Tater and Reid joined me about 1pm and we left at six. But... we got enough done that I don't have to go back tomorrow! Hooray! A whole day to myself... I have so many ideas of ways to fill it, including continuing to decorate for Christmas, working on Christmas presents and possibly starting on our Christmas cards.

How about you? How is your long weekend going so far?

2 comments:

JayD said...

And just so you know, I am thinking of you too!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your day! As for long weekend, what's that? The federal government is actually open the day after Thanksgiving. Me and six other people, out of our office of about 40 were there on Friday!