Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving!

Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving! Reid and I had Thanksgiving dinner with Paul Newman (no, not that Paul Newman), the head of my department and his family. And of course it was hard to be so far away from our family and our friends. But they invited us in with open arms, fed us very good food and even encouraged us to bring Tater over for a walk and then to just hang out with them for dessert and conversation.

Thanksgiving is in many ways the "kicking off" of the Christmas season. But I think that it deserves to stand on its own right. How glorious to have a holiday where the point is to commune with other people in thankfulness for the bounty that earth has provided us. There are no presents, no gimmicks and nothing to buy. There is only good food and good company. And though I long to spend that time with my family, I am very appreciative tonight of the family that welcomed Reid and I into their home. One more sign (as if I needed anymore) that Alamosa is a good place and that we are surrounded by good people here. I hope that your Thanksgiving was a time of love, good food, and reflection upon the blessings that have been bestowed on each of us. Happy Gobble-Day!

No comments: