Let me start out by saying that it does no good to compare two people's situations declaring one is better or worse. You can only say that they are different. Let me also state right off the bat that I am one hundred percent sure that raising an infant is more difficult than raising these puppies and that this post is meant only to amuse. Alright... let's get going.
1. I watch, sometimes in horror, as Glory's teats are being mangled, twisted, tugged, scratched, etc... but at least they aren't mine!
2. When you have a baby and it cries in the middle of the night, there is one very large cry. When you have this set of puppies, there are as many as nine very high pitched and surprisingly large cries.
3. When you have a baby and it cries in the middle of the night, you know it wants food, diaper change, or reassurance. When you have puppies crying in the middle of the night you know it's because either mama left the box because she's too hot and there isn't a darn thing you as "midwife" can do about it or because there are not enough teats to go around and still nothing you can do about it.
4. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure having a baby does not involve three or four trips out into the cold mountain air in the middle of the night to watch the mother roll around in the grass, try to crawl under the porch and try to sneak eating her own poop when you're not looking. Pretty sure...
5. And finally, I doubt that new mothers of infant children interrupt blog posts by standing behind a baby gate (that is in place for their and their offspring's well-being) and whine because they are bored or because they have to go to the bathroom or because they want to go eat dead things in the backyard rather than care for said offspring. Can you all think of any others?
And now... gratuitous puppy pictures.
Sometimes life is just too much... you have to roll over on your back and play dead!
And I just thought this was adorable... kissing siblings! Won't they be embarrassed when their friends see this picture later in life? :) That is twin girl and twin boy... and you can see that they now don't look much alike, do they?