Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Easter, for me, is a time of reflection. I have spent a fair amount of time (and continue to do so) thinking about what I believe in. This morning I read the entire chapter of Matthew from my trusty study Bible. And though I can't say that I believe in the literalness of all that is written there, I can't help (as I doubt few could) feel a sense of purpose and peace when I read the story of Jesus, his disciples, his teachings, his death and, of course, his reserruction. So, though I might say very little about religion or spirituality on this blog, it is on my mind...



I think of all of Matthew, this is my favorite today:

"Whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you." -6:6.

Though sharing your faith is a fine thing to do, real faith is a quiet thing that is between you and only one other.



Whether you celebrate Easter or not, I hope that in this chaotic world of worries and fears you find a moment today (and every day) to be at peace.

No comments: