Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A day of rest...

For the few who may not know, yesterday was my 30th birthday... and it was a good day. I spent most of the day at school, between class, office hours, costume shop hours and then rehearsal. But my cast has once again proven that it is the best cast ever... I did not receive just one cake, but two and they tried really hard to keep it a surprise. At the end of the second act, one of the characters brings on a birthday cake for his son's birthday party. Instead, they brought on a real cake with candles and sang happy birthday to me (instead of to his son). It was very sweet and a good reminder that I love where I am (though I am certainly going to miss a lot of these students when they graduate in three weeks)!

Today is my only day off this week (since we have Q2Q and then first tech tomorrow). And Reid has been very sweet in letting me do whatever I want. So, I got my hair cut, my eyebrows waxed and bought 12 bags of top soil for our garden (I know... I live large!). I also transplanted some more of our seedlings into big plant containers (since we woke up to four or so inches of snow yesterday it'll still be a couple of weeks until these guys move outside... and if you're wondering the snow is all gone now). I'm going to spend a little while putzing around on the computer and then Reid and I are going out to dinner... all in all a perfect day off!

7 comments:

Alaina said...

Sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday! I still think there is no way we are turning 30 this year...didn't we meet when we were around 18?! Seems like yesterday...

JayD said...

A little putzing around sounds good. And happy birthday again!

Sarah said...

12 bags of topsoil? This garden sounds a little ambitious... We got 2 bags of top soil, 2 bags of peat moss and 1 bag of steer manure (why only steer? Why not bull? Or cow? Who knows!) to do a little lasagna layering in our little garden. We're starting small this year with two tomatoes, six eggplant, six cucumber and six zucchini. Hoping we don't regret that zucchini!
Oh, and happy birthday again, old lady!

Jody said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Jenna! I sent you a facebook greeting...so glad for facebook....:)

Happy 30th my dear..it's so hard to believe that you and Reid are 30. Time does fly.
Love you!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ;)

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Happy Birthday! You sound so relaxed about 30. It's wonderful to read. At our house, we're totally freaking out. Thank you for this.
Katie

Stephanie said...

Hey Jenna! I know we have co-opening nights. So, I want to wish you two broken legs on Friday :-) We're ready (barely - thank goodness) and I know you will be too :-)