Wesley's Timeline

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Quiet Around Here

This weekend was spent relaxing around the house, spending the evenings with some friends, and working a couple of hours yesterday... and of course, watching the Oscars last night! It completely confirmed what a little bubble I've been living in the last year in that I had seen NONE of the movies nominated for Best Film, and few for any of the other nominations... we need to get out more.

Friday night, Reid and I (along with friends Jared and Renee) went to see an evening of scenes from banned plays produced by an enrichment class of theatre students. They were so good! And I was so impressed by their work and commitment. Apparently it was the first nudity on Adams State stage (which somehow surprises me... I don't know why, but it does). There were some very strong scenes from some really well crafted plays and the students got some great feedback from the audience that was there. Yey for theatre that pushes boundaries!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quiet is good. It sounds like you really enjoyed the show.